PeriopMan Transplant Virtual Symposium
Friday 21 May 2021
We are excited to present PeriopMan Transplant – our free virtual symposium on the preoperative care of transplant patients.
As more and more patients are undergoing transplants, there is a growing need for all anaesthetists to familiarise themselves with the peri operative management of these patients. These patients may present to their local hospitals for non transplant planned or emergency surgery. They may also need stabilization /management before transfer to a transplant centre. Transplant patients are often on various immunosuppressant and other medications which often require specialist management
In order to provide a systematic overview of transplant patients we have 3 sections in the meeting.
1. Kidney, Pancreas and islet transplants
2. Heart and lung transplant
3. Liver transplant
Each section includes multidisciplinary lectures followed by live panel discussions. The speakers are experts in their fields and work in busy transplant centres across the UK. We also have a Keynote lecture on Risk and shared decision making – from a physician and patient perspective.
Learning objectives include:
1. Surgical, Anaesthetic and Medical considerations in the Management of patients with End stage organ dysfunction or Transplants A)kidney, pancreas, islets B)heart, lung C) liver
2. Perioperative considerations for care of these patients with other intercurrent surgical problems.
3. Recent advances in the field of transplant surgery and anaesthesia
4. Risk and Shared decision making
We have applied for 5 CPD points from Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA)
To register please click here.
Please note that places are limited for this free virtual symposium.